जानते हैं रवा मेदु वड़ा कैसे बनाते हैं…
How to make Rava vada or suji vada
1. Below are the ingredients needed to make the recipe. Rava, Curd or yogurt, green chilies, onions, grated ginger, chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves, hing, jeera,salt and soda.
2. Add 1 cup rava/ suji and half cup yogurt to a mixing bowl.
3. Add 2 tbsp water. Do not add more.
4. Mix it well. The mixture must not be soggy. Allow to soak for 10 to 15 mins. While the suji rests, chop the onions, green chilies, curry & coriander leaves. The dough must be moist, if it is dry sprinkle some water.
5. Add soda, salt, ginger, cumin and hing.
6. Add onions, green chilies and curry leaves.
7. Mix up everything. Then beat the dough very well with your hand for 30 seconds to 1 minute. This aerates the dough. The dough must be thick, sticky and well binded at this stage otherwise it will not hold shape. It should have enough moisture else they will turn hard.
8. Add oil to a hot pan and begin to heat it for deep frying on a medium flame.
9. Grease a foil or cling wrap. You can also use damp cloth or banana leaf. Divide the dough into 10 to 12 parts and place them on the foil. Grease your fingers and flatten them. Make a whole in the center. Do not make them too thick.
10. When the oil turns hot enough (medium), transfer the vada to your greased fingers.
11. Drop the vada by shaking off your fingers gently. Repeat dropping one after the other to the hot oil.
12. Keep stirring until golden and fry well on a medium high flame until golden. Do not fry them in low heat, they will turn hard. A very high flame will also not cook them well.
Serve crispy rava vada hot or warm with a chutney.
Tips to make rava vada
- Do not skip soda & yogurt in the recipe. As both these ingredients react with each other and aerates the dough.
- The key to making these rava vadas crisp and not hard lies in making the batter correctly. The batter has to be thick and should be able to spread easily. It means it must have enough moisture in it.
- Do not make them too thick they have to be thin enough to prevent turning hard.
- Beating the rava vada dough for some time will make the dough light & will prevent the vadas from turning hard.